Acupuncture is a branch of Traditional Chinese Medecine. This practice allies art and science and is practiced throughout the world.
Acupuncture increases body’s resistance to stress as well as the capacity of the immune system.
An Energy Balance
Acupuncture is focused on Qi, i.e. vital energy, that is why it is considered “energetic”. This vital energy is circulated in all parts of the body by means of channels called “Meridians”.
The principal reason for acupuncture consultation is pain.
A treatment in acupuncture will lead to a pain reduction or relief, inflammation decrease and homeostasis recover (natural balance of the body).
- jet lag
- adjustments to
- back and neck pain
- joints pain
- low back pain
- sports injuries
- lack of appetite
- slow digestion
- gastric reflux
- Crohn’s disease
Acupuncture can play a very important role throughout pregnancy by relieving the pregnant woman of several problems. This medicine is of no risk for the fetus and the mother.
Acupuncture benefits for pregnant women
• Relief pregnancy nausea and heartburn
• Treat constipation
• Treat Varicose Veins, Hemorrhoids and Vulvar Varicosities
• Relief lumbar and sciatic pain
• Reduce stress, anxiety and insomnia
• Treat urinary tract infections
• Prevent and reduce miscarriage risk
• facilitate childbirth labor, if late
• Help relaxation of the perineum to prevent tears
• Stimulate uterus contractions
• Help cervix maturation
• Induce labor in case of past due date and stimulates the natural process
• Reduce the level of stress and fears related to childbirth.
• Help to recover strength and stamina
• Prevent or relieve postpartum depression
• Increase breast milk production in case of insufficient lactation
• Relieve mastitis
• Decrease persistent uterine bleeding
Female menstrual cycle is a good indicator of women’s general state of health. Acupuncture rebalances or alleviates various disorders of the menstrual cycle. It can be favorable for various symptoms related to this period :
- treat painful cramps
- restore the menstrual cycle
- regulate overabundant losses
- reduce premenstrual symptoms
- restore loss of libido at certain times in the cycle
- regulate hormonal changes
Acupuncture can be an effective solution to fertility problems. It will bring several benefits:
- By stimulating the blood supply in the uterus
- By stimulating relaxation points, stress being a factor that reduces fertility
- By regulating ovulation
- By regulating the menstrual cycle
Menopause is a natural and physiological phenomenon that occurs when the ovaries cease to produce ovules and female hormones: estrogen and progesterone.
The basic acupuncture treatment will be to tone the Yin energy of the kidney to strengthen its vitality and soothe the escape of heat upward, and thereby alleviate the symptoms.
Acupuncture can relieve:
• Hot flashes
• Night sweats
• Loss of libido
• vaginal dryness
• Sleep problems
• Weight gain
• Poor memory
• Painful joints
For children between 0 to 7 years old, acupuncture points stimulation is performed with a therapeutic laser – painless technique and less invasive than the needle which facilitates the process acceptance by the child and the parent. The results are generally very fast due to child’s hyperreactive metabolism.
The reasons for most of the frequent visits are infant colic, gastric reflux and constipation. In addition, young patients’ rate for acupuncture consultation can increase in order to prevent the use of heavy pharmacopoeia for upper respiratory infections such as nasal congestion, recurrent rhinitis and cough caused by children fragile immune system.
- Lack of concentration
An acupuncturist who has developed for more than 30 years a loyal clientele due to his human approach. Those 30 years old of loyalty and successful treatments confirm the benefits of this therapeutic approach. Jean Levesque also holds an impressive track record as teacher, trainer and speaker.
Since 1995, he developed an interested for acupuncture gynecological and obstetrical application and receives in his consulting room a large clientele of women struggling with gynecological disorders. His name is therefore associated to the development of acupuncture obstetrical practice in Quebec. His activities enabled hundreds of women to have access to acupuncture treatments for pregnancy monitoring and help in delivery room for child birth.
56, boulevard St-Joseph Ouest
Montréal, Québec H2T 2P4
255, D chemin Knowlton
Knowlton, QC J0E 1V0